Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River Creek Stables - Riding Camp[RP]

4 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

River Creek Stables - Riding Camp[RP] - Page 4 Empty Re: River Creek Stables - Riding Camp[RP]

Post  HollywoodUnicorn Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Anthony watched her curiously, it seemed awfully rude to follow her, but then again if he told her she would probably get the fright of her life or even get mad at him and thats was the least he needed, it was day 1 and he hadn't even made any friends. He slowly approached her, "Erm.. excuse me?" After that, he had no idea what to say, "I can't help but notice that you've signed up for the boarding and your leaving so early? Aren't you supposed to be in bed? Excuse me, its really none of my business but what are you doing?"
HollywoodUnicorn
HollywoodUnicorn

Back to top Go down

River Creek Stables - Riding Camp[RP] - Page 4 Empty Re: River Creek Stables - Riding Camp[RP]

Post  Pinto Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Pheobie looked at Anthony and smiled"I'm not leaving... I just...have to do something.."she said. She wasn't being rude bu she had to get going.."i've, uh, got to go...sorry"she said then sprinted off but just as she left and turned the corner sadness and fright was on her face..
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Anthony listened, "Wait!" He protested, she looked scared but before he said anything she was gone. The boy sighed, making friends here would be difficult. He folded his arms across his chest and frowned, starting to make his way slowly up to the cabins.
HollywoodUnicorn
HollywoodUnicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14 pm

pinto. wrote:Silver Gold snorted as Melody asked if she wanted to go for a ride.

Melody smiled at her, taking the casual snort as an agreement. She fetched Melody's gear and spoke gently to the mare as she unrugged her. Melody marvelled at how Silver Gold's coat gleamed in the filtered light of the windows. She took out a soft brush and dragged it softly but determinedly over the halflinger's entire body, making sure she was completely dirt free. She picked up one hoof and cleaned it, then repeated the process until all four had been picked. She smiled and began to tack the mare, still talking gently as she went.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:58 pm

Silver Gold nipped Melody as she felt the saddle being put on her and the girth being tightened

~~

Pheobie came back later during the night with a sigh her once neat hair was now a mess and she had a couple bruises on her arms.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Melody lightly scolded the mare for nipping, but had to laugh, she wouldn't like being girthed either. She checked all the buckles twice, before leading her out into a vacant arena. Melody inhaled deeply, the crisp fresh air re-energising and refreshing. She looked at Silver Gold contently, then swung up onto the mare's back. She stroked her gently.
"Good girl, Silver Gold," she praised.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Silver Gold shifted under the weight uncomfortably and she pinned her ears with a snort. She put her head down and forward, pulling harshly on the reins.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Melody balanced herself, prepared for the sudden snatching of the reins. She didn't bother trying to yank the mares head back up, she just let the reins slide through her fingers. She was lightweight for her age, but surprisingly strong. She flexed her fingers on the reins, taking up a little and encouraging Silver Gold to raise her beautiful palomino head. She tried this alone, but then, to give a little more force behind the soft sponging of the bit, she squeezed her calves around the mares middle, quite strongly.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Silver Gold snorted but she raised her head, more relaxed but she jerked forward as Melody squeezed her strongly with her calves. Gold was quite sensitive when she was listening so you didn't have to use much pressure on her.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:42 pm

As soon as Silver Gold jerked, Melody released all pressure from her legs, trusting her balance to keep her in the saddle. She moved smoothely with the Halflinger, a skill she had learned to stop herself from being unseated. "Steady there, Silver Gold," she said gently. She squeezed once, a tiny on and then off pressure to ask the mare to walk on. She reinforced the aid by making a clicking noise with her tounge.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Silver Gold pricked her ears as Melody released the pressure and only put a small amount on. She walked forward in a smooth, collected walk.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:53 pm

"Good girl!" Melody praised, holding the reins in her right hand so as to stroke the palomino with her left. She asked Silver Gold to walk around the arena for a few laps then gently squeezed and asked for trot. She kept an even pressure on the reins, enough to make them tight, without hanging off her mouth. She smiled at the horse's seemingly natural head-carriage and the way she so readily accepted the bit.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:10 pm

with a happy snort Silver Gold's gaits changed to a trot. Her strides were a little large but even in sitting trot it was very comfortable.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:53 am

Melody recognised the long gait as a smooth one, but chose to rise anyway, as she knew this would enable Silver Gold to flow more freely beneath her. Melody always put her horses' comforts before looking good, and only did sitting trot when asked to preform it. She understood that the slightest unbalance would be echoed into the mares back and may make her sway slightly and in turn also unbalance, so she rose to keep the little beautiful Halflinger happy. She trotted a few circles, then asked for a collected walk again by gently half-halting and then repeating with a stronger full-halt.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Silver Gold pricked her ears as Melody stayed in rising. She liekd it like that. t was easier...most of the time. Silver Gold then listened to Melody's half-halts and slowed to a collected walk.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:45 am

Melody was very pleased with Silver Golds' responding, stroking the mare to show her appreciation. She continued to ask for a collected walk around the arena, allowing Silver Gold to stretch and warm up in walk first. She then squeezed for a trot, to allow the mare to warm her muscles more fluidly. She knew how important the Halflinger's care was, especially as she did not own her, only leasing her for the holidays. That thought made Melody sigh involuntarily, she dreamed about owning a horse as magnificent as Silver Gold...
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:48 am

pinto. wrote:Pheobie came back later during the night with a sigh her once neat hair was now a mess and she had a couple bruises on her arms.

Anthony had been having his own little campfire outside of his cabin as it was too cold inside. He noticed Pheobie stumbling back to her cabin, she looked a mess. Her hair was tangled and there was purple bruises now forming on her skin. The boy stood up and walked over, "What happened?" He asked, shocked.
HollywoodUnicorn
HollywoodUnicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:28 am

Pheobie looked at Anthony, shocked"it's, nothing.."she lied...she never was good at lying..
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:13 am

Anthony could tell she was lying and stepped in her way so she couldn't get past him, lightly touched his arm with her hand. "Will you please tell me? I won't hurt you, or tell anyone. I promise," He said softly.
HollywoodUnicorn
HollywoodUnicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:09 am

Pheobie sghed softly..she wondered why he wanted to know so much..."i was wth some friends...and they got violent...that's all"she replied...they weren't really her friends, theyused her for her money..but she never said anything
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Anthony looked down at Pheobie, "Are you sure your okay? I mean, I have some bandages in my first aid kit in my cabin if you would want to.." He trailed off and looked away, he didn't even know her. She could of been violent too..
HollywoodUnicorn
HollywoodUnicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:04 pm

"i'm alright"Pheobie replied with a slight smile"thanks anyway.."
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:47 am

Anthony nodded, "Thats fine, I hope you get better soon," He mumbled, spinning around on his heel and walking back towards his campfire. The boy sat on a log and started roasting a marshmellow.
HollywoodUnicorn
HollywoodUnicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:58 am

Pheobie watched Anythony leave then she went up to her cabin and and unlocked the door, she opened it, flicked on the light and walked in, shutting the door behind her. She brushed her messy hair, making more presentable and then she got ready for bed, wanting to forget what happened tonight,.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:18 am

Anthony soon put the fire out and started heading back up to his cabin. He had a nice, hot shower. It was quite refreshing and changed into his pyjama's. The boy sat on his bed and started reading Dracula for 10 minutes before turning his light off and falling to sleep.
HollywoodUnicorn
HollywoodUnicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next