Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebony Continues Her Ventures

2 posters

Go down

Ebony Continues Her Ventures Empty Ebony Continues Her Ventures

Post  Fayde Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Ebony walked silently, following some srt of path, clear of trees in Shadow Forest, the fog hanging low, blinding the distance from her view. Her fiery red mane and tail stood out in the darkness, yet her black shape dimmed her completely. She heard and smelt another animal. She moved into battle position, ready to defend herself. She smelt the scent again, but it was a horse. A horse? She hoped so, and ideally hope it was friendly, for she had not seen a freindly harmless being for what seemed years. She nickered gently, hoping for a replying nicker.
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Ebony Continues Her Ventures Empty Re: Ebony Continues Her Ventures

Post  WarHorse Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Drifting through the thick, imposing silence came the soft sound of a wary nicker, a gentle caress to Ember's chilled ears. A sound! He stopped instantly mid-step, one hoof still raised from the frozen ground, his ears pricked excitedly. His bright eyes peered intently through the gray fog, desperate to find the source of such a welcome sound. For so long he had wandered in this endless silence, and now it seemed he was no longer alone. Seeing nothing but the fog and the looming trees, Ember emitted a high pitched, wailing whinny into the shrouded air, lifting his muzzle higher. Too late, he wondered if the other horse may be a threat. It seemed unlikely, as a stallion in search of a battle wouldn't announce his presence in such a way. And the nicker had sounded so timid and hopeful...he shook his head and eagerly awaited a response.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Location : Iscrit... Amongst countless other places in my head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:42 pm

A wide grin of delight spread across Ebony's face. She lifted her head, held her tail high and pranced to the whinny, letting free a delighted whicker in reply. She saw the source of the whinny, and an even bigger grin swept across her face, a stallion, a young one(About same age as her, I suppose? xD), which supposedly was a relief for she somewhat disliked older horses. She whinnied again, face to face with the horse, and nuzzled his velvety muzzle in greeting. "I'm Ebony. What's your name?" She asked excitedly, so glad she had found a possible companion.
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Pricking his ears, Ember smiled in reply, a little suprised at the mare's eager nature. She was a stunning colour, and her bright eyes held no hint of deception or blood thirst. Leaning forward, he bumped his soft muzzle against hers in reply and arched his neck happily. "I'm Ember. And I can't begin to tell you how good it is to meet somewhere in this place." he said cheerfully, flicking his tail at the memories. Hopefully, this would be the end of his lonely and lost wandering.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Ebony let out a silky laugh "Same here." She said, continuing to smile up at the stallion. Even though she did not know, Ebony was hoping this was the end to her lost wondering, too. "And nice to meet you, Ember." She said, observing his features. "How did you get into this place? I was running from stallions, and stumbled into here.. trying to get out ever since. When I first came here, I assume more than 2 months. But to me, it seems like years." She sigh, and her smile faded.
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Hearing the sorrow in her voice, sympathy swelled up inside Ember and stepped closer to nudge Ebony's cheek with his muzzle, trying to comfort her. "That sounds truly horrible. I've been in here for merely over a week, but two months..." he stopped and shook his head, filled with grief. After such a short time, he had started to go insane without the warmth of the sun and the energy of other horses around. Ember shook his head again. "But now, we can work together to try and find a way out of here." he told her confidently, looking around. Getting out of the forest was easier said than done, as everything around him looked terribly similar.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Ebony's ears pricked. "Follow me." She sai, and trotted back to the path she had been on. "I've been following this for the last day..No idea where it leads, but it has to lead somewhere." She said to Ember, smiling ever so faintly. She started off in a walk, in the same direction she had been going in before. She was greatly comforted by Ember's presence, and being completely alone for 2 months, the only company was the temporary presence of predators, so comforted that she found herself walking close to Ember.
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:56 am

Happy to feel Ebony's warmth beside him, Ember followed the trail without complaint. He had no idea where to begin searching for a way out, and was overjoyed that there was now hope. "With any luck, it'll go somewhere good if not out." he remarked. Idly, he wondered what had happened to other horses lost in this forest and shuddered. How many dead carcasses lay waiting to be discovered. Though he hardly realised it, Ember started to tense up, glancing around constantly and always listening for the slightest sound. Pressing closer to Ebony, he told himself to relax and tried desperately to calm himself down.

Last edited by WarHorse on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:08 am

Ebony's ears pricked when she heard a shuffle behind her. She spun and reared defensively, and as she did so her eyes realized the noise to be coming from a pair of wolves, poth pitch black but one with a white patch over its eye. Ignoring Ember, they both lunged at Ebony. Their weight cause her to topple over, both of them slamming into her. She neighed, got up and lunged at them, smashing her hooves against their muscular bodies. Since the wolves stayed directly close together, it was easy to hit both of them. Ebony spun and kicked, galloped two strides ahead, turned, then galloped at the two wolves, ramming into them, causing them to roll about 5 metres away. Ebony galloped over to them, reared, then slammed her hooves onto their bodies. There were many crack sounds, then there was silence, and now just 2 horses - one of them with 2 wolf corpses under its hooves. Ebony shook before stepping off of the wolves. She looked at Ember, and let out a rough nicker. She then looked ahead and continued walking. She started at a quick pace, "I think I'm going to go insane if I don't get out of here soon." Ebony said in a dark, low whisper, her head hanging in despair and growing defeat.
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Still staring at the dead wolves, it took Ember a moment to recover. When he did, he snorted loudly, the sound almost indignant. With ease he could have fought the two wolves and won, he simply hadn't been given the chance. He shook his head and turned to trot after Ebony, suddenly noticing her low mood. Ears pricked with concern, Ember lowered his head to hers, catching sorrow in her large eyes. "Hey... thanks for that. You're an incredible fighter..." he mumbled, unsure of what else to say. Leaning closer to Ebony he bumped her cheek with his muzzle.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:08 am

Ebony sighed, her black eyes looking into Ember's. Ebony lifted her head, her eyes still looking as if they were clambered with misery. "Thanks," She whispered softly, "Except I think I'll go insane and go on killing sprees if I don't get out of here soon." She whispered softly again, glancing around the area they were in unhappily. Ebony stopped dead suddenly. Low growls hummed in their ears, sounding around 10 metres away from them. Turning her head ever so slightly, Ebony stared at the distance behind them, a shudder rolling down her spine. Her eyes widened in horror. The biggest threat in this whole forest, stealthily and speedily moving, blood-curdling, silent killers. Curden... Ebony thought to herself. She gave a desperate look at Ember, a look filled with horrible concern and a deathly sense of urgency. "Run. Run, quickly..." Ebony whispered almost silently, the humming growls growing louder and louder. "Three....Two...One...RUN!!!" Ebony screamed, and dashed through the forest, heart beating madly, feeling as if her brain was being mashed into pieces from the desperation. She heard the pounding hooves digging up soil behind her. She glanced behind her to make sure it was Ember, and not the Curden. She didn't have enough time to make sure who it was, for she heard noises in front of her. She reared to a stop, then lunged into the darkness to the left, leaving the path, their only hope to safety. She looked behind her again. Around twenty jet black horses with piercingly deadly white and red eyes were on her pursuit. But she couldn't find Ember! Had he been caught? Had they slaughtered him in an instant, like they intended to do wth her? Was she left alone to face these monsters by herself? Urgent, desperate questions screamed inside her head, but they were impossible to answer for she couldn't study the horses or the distance she had left behind. Her attention was caught suddenly by the Curden splitting up. Did they want to improve their speed? Yet to that question, the answer did come. No...they don't want to improve speed....They want to box me in! Ebony cried in her own mind. The whites of her eyes blazed with fear, her strong body beginning to stumble. At last she could take it no more. She had to take her chances, whether it was for life or death. She spun round and reared up with a defensive, threatening neigh then lunged forward without looking. When she landed, Ebony opened her eyes. Dead still, eerie silence stood before her. Where were the Curden? Ebony looked around, then turned to look behind her. She felt as if her heart jumped out of her chest. She neighed in horror, a screaming sound, and backed up desperately, but tripped. The Curden were grinning in a triumphant, deadly way upon her. Their eyes blazed with pleasure and victory, cruelty and the knowing that they were feared. And there Ebony laid, staring up in horror at the pearly eyes about to be the source of her death. Where was Ember? She didn't bother listening to the rest of her own questions, for she knew she was about to die. She shut her eyes, and tried to leave the world before the Curden made her. Hours later, Ebony re-opened her eyes. The Curden were gone, and she found it hard to believe she was still alive. She had left the Earth temporarily, in a terrified doze. She looked over her body to make sure she was intact - a pretty hard task, for the dim light was not much of a help. Ebony looked around in sudden alertness and shock. The Curden, thankfully, had officially gone. But she still couldn't spot Ember.... She didn't dare to move, for she was affraid something terrible would happen. So she lay there, frozen in silence, waiting for something to happen, ideally hoping for Ember to return to her side, then for them both to continue their journey along the path that to her now seemed imposible to relocate.
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed May 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Ebony shot away with speed that Ember would have previously thought impossible. Fear shook her voice into a quivering whine, stabbing daggers of fear into his gut, but his mind couldn't seem to listen. Run? RUN! The need for flight took over instantly, dominating over his mind and driving one thought through his entire body. Run! Ember obeyed. Undergrowth crashed behind him and hooves pounded the cold earth, but nothing would stop him. He thundered along the path, whipping around corners, chasing the copper flag that was Ebony's tail vanishing into the distance. His lithe body bunched and sprang, propelling him faster and faster along the ground. But he wasn't fast enough. Whatever was chasing him was catching up; he could their breath against his rump, the lips lunging for his tail. He dared not look at what they were, for the idea was not in his mind. Only one thing was: Run! The thought was so prominent that he had not noticed Ebony dissapear. Though, now that the thought began to creep through to gain his attention, he realised she had been gone for a while. Alone, panicking and dramatically losing speed, his terror leant him a short burst of ferocious speed, and he hurtled further along the path, his head low and his ears pinned, his legs a wild rush of blurring colours, his eyes wide and round with horror. When his legs began to ache and the pounding of his heart roared in his ears Ember swivelled to his left, into the undergrowth. He slowed, his legs no longer able to carry him, and looked over his sweat drenched shoulder. Nothing. No sound, no movement, no smell other than his on sweat. But most importantly: no Ebony. Snorting determinedly he set off through the forest, back the way he had come, ears pricked for sound and head high for sight. Where could she be? What had been chasing them? A soft growling trickled into his ears and he stopped. It flicked the switch of recent memory; just before he had fled. This sound had caused Ebony's panic and fear; her desperate urge to run. Lowering his head, he pressed on, careful to make no sound. He reeked, and their was no wind, but he hoped they would not notice. Finally close enough and still out of sight, he saw Ebony. She lay on the ground, eyes shut, but he was releived to see her chest rise and fall to the steady rythm of her breathing. Towering over her were a number of horrific, demonic horse-like beasts, their glistening white eyes greedy

[interupted mid-post, will finish later]
Mush, how is Ember meant to get rid of them??? D:
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:14 am

(Make them disappear suddenly, like they did with Ebony? Make Ember get distracted by a noise and look away and when he looks back all the other horses are gone? -Except Ebony of course-)
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum