Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styria goes for help...

2 posters

Go down

Styria goes for help... Empty Styria goes for help...

Post  WildWind Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:37 am

Two separate sets of hoof prints made their tracks in the snow as Katreza and her eight month old colt, Styria made their way through Snowy Forest. Both Katreza and Styria's shiny black coats stood out against the pure white snow. Katreza's nostrils were flared, taking in all the scents and her ears flicked in all direction's picking up every sound or movement around her. Styria and her had only just arrived at the place, and she had to check for danger. So far she had picked up the scent of a lone wolf, but she didn't take much notice to it as it smelt quite far away. She glanced at Styria and smiled at him, then looked back ahead. Suddenly something went snap, and pain rushed up Katreza's leg, and she could feel the blood dripping down her leg. She squealed in pain and jumped back, then looked down at her front left leg to see it caught in a trap set by the humans. The jaws of the trap had pierced into Katreza's leg. She tried to pull back, but whenever she moved it just caused it to hurt more. She looked at Styria who was freaking out. "Mom, Mom! What is that? Are you okay? Are you going to die?!" Styria screamed, then started crying. Katreza snorted and shook her head. "No son, I'm not going to die. But I need to get this thing off, or I will lose alot of blood." her voice was shaky from pain, but she tried to stay calm so Styria would stay calm. Styria's hooves would be no good for trying to break the trap as he was still a foal and didn't have much strength, but he could go for help. "Son, I need you to go and try and find someone and get help." she said, shuddering from the pain. Styria nodded. "But what if I get lost?" he cried, but then nodded, and took off at a gallop into the forest. He had to find someone, and find them quick. His eyes darted everywhere as he galloped through the white coated forest. He whinnied, calling any horses in the area.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Styria goes for help... Empty Re: Styria goes for help...

Post  Fayde Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:29 am

Fyraa's keen ears detected the distressed whinnies. His gallant Warlander body propelled towards the sound, his stunning uncurled mane and tail billowing out wildly as he galloped. His pace slowed when he spotted a frantic colt, running mad in the snow. The colt didn't seem to notice him at first, which caused Fyraa to come to a dead-stop, his hooves digging so far into the ground that a blinding amount of snow came hurling up into his face. He shook his incredibly long mane, coughing hoarsely at the same time from the snow blasting into his face. "What is the matter?" He asked, which coming from his loud voice sounded more like a demand. Fyraa kept his posture tall, but tried not to seem fierce to the foal. He partly lost concentration on the colt after seeing another black horse, a mare, according to his nose. A menacing-looking metal object with sharp jaws was clearly wrapped around the mare's leg, rosy red liquid constantly dripping into the snow. He turned and trotted over to the foal, then nudged him on to what Fyraa guessed was his mother. Once closer to the mare, he realized the metal object was a human's trap. He snorted in defiance, and whipped his tail around before rearing up and snapping the trap, crushing the metal. Fyraa bowed his neck and locked his teeth on the jaws of the trap, and ripped them off of the mare's leg, freeing her. As the trap went flying away, it snared his neck and created an open cut that was around 2cm deep at the worst. Fyraa winced, but ignored it and instead he very carefully watched the mare, her colt and, even more carefully, her wound.

Last edited by Fayde on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:53 pm

As Styria galloped as fast as his legs could carry him, he didn't notice a black friesian stallion till the last minute. He skidded to a stop, spraying soft white snow everywhere, and stood there panting hard for a moment. The stallion looked rather scary, and he gulped with fear, but he couldn't waste time worrying about his fears, because his mother was in trouble. The stallion asked him what was the matter, but before he could reply Fyraa was pushing him back toward the way his mother was, so he just followed along behind the stallion. He wondered how the stallion knew where to go, but he didn't question Fyraa.
Katreza's kept her leg very still as she stood in the snow with the trap still attached to her leg. The snow around her leg was stained red with her blood, and she snorted with disgust. Her ears flicked toward the sound of another horses hooves hitting the snow, and she pinned her ears a little wary. But when she saw Styria with another horse, she quickly pricked her ears and sighed with relief. As the stallion snapped the trap off her leg, she squealed in pain, but pulled her leg up and limped a few steps away from where she had just been standing. She quickly nuzzled Styria, who was now standing next to her, then looked at the stallion and pricked her ears. "Thank you." she said, bowing her head. Her leg was throbbing with pain, and she quickly glanced at it. She could see the deep cuts from where the jaws of the trap had pierced into her leg, and there was blood dripping out, onto the perfect white snow. She carefully placed her leg down, and winced as pain shot up her leg.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:21 am

Fyraa winced as he saw the mare's pain. "Best not use that leg for now." He said hesitantly. He motioned with his head to an icy lake, where the temperature was so cold that there was a thin layer of ice covering the surface. "Hold your leg in that for around 5 seconds. It will hurt, but the temperature will make it numb and you won't feel as much pain, and it will also help to disinfect." Fyraa glanced at the lake and shuddered, but walked slowly at the mare's pace to it. "I am Fyraa, by the way." He said once they reached the lake. He smiled slightly, glancing around for danger. "What are your names, might I ask?"

(Sorry about such a tiny pooossstt Dx)
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Katreza shuddered at the thought of putting her leg into the icy cold water in the lake, but nodded and slowly limped her way toward the lake behind the black stallion. His coat was just as black as Katreza's and Styria's, but he looked more beautiful then herself, but she would never say anyone was more beautiful than her colt. Both her eyes stayed locked on the stallion in case he was just acting all this and was really a evil stallion. So far she couldn't pick up any signs that showed he was evil, so she felt safe enough. Plus, he had just got her out of the grip of that trap. "Um, I'm Katreza, and this is my colt Styria." she said softly, then snorted as she came to a stop beside the frozen lake. She wasn't looking forward to placing her injured leg into the water. She used her good front leg, and used her hoof to make a hole in the thin ice, then slowly placed her hurt leg into the water. The coldness of the water made her jump, and she gritted her teeth together with pain, but she held it there for a few moments before pulling it back out the water. It did feel numb now, just as the stallion had said so. She smiled at Fyraa. "Er, thanks again for helping me." she said, then glanced at Styria who seemed to be hiding behind her. She chucked to herself. She really needed to teach her colt how to become brave, and stop depending on her to much.

Styria followed slowly beside his mother, on the opposite side of which Fyraa was walking on. The stallion may have just helped his mother, but he was still scary. The reason he was scared of stallion's was because his father was on the hunt for him and his mother and he was always wary of new stallions. Especially big black ones. He shook off once he came to a stop beside his mother at the lake, then peeked out from behind his mother and starred at Fyraa.

[Lolz, its okay eh. Its wasn't too short of a post xD]
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:31 am

Fyraa could feel the slight tension in Katreza, and the stares from Styria, but he decided to ignore them for he guessed it must be personal reasons. "Both very lovely names." Fyraa said and smiled kindly. He listened intently as Katreza thanked him again, but he simply nodded. "....You both seem very troubled..Is there something more I can do to help? Would you like me to travel with you?" He asked, becoming amazed at the foal's caution.

(I RPed with someone last night who did really short posts and I think it has taken its toll x.x Sorry =3)
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:53 am

Katreza smiled when Fyraa complimented on their names. "Thank you." she said. She kept her ears pricked as the stallion continued to speak, but flicked one ear back when he mentioned they looked troubled. She didn't like to mention the fact that Styria's father was hunting them and wanted them dead. So she usually lied when other horses asked. Actually, many horses had asked. Their wariness must be very obvious. She shot a glance at Styria who looked a little wary and scared, then quickly flicked her eyes back to Fyraa. He wanted to travel with them? She had never had that offer before. Not that she would actually want to be offered that. It would be awkward and she wouldn't be able to say stuff to Styria that she could usually say without a stranger with them. But on the other hand it would be safer and they wouldn't have to worry about Styria's father for a while. "Er..." she started, not sure what to say to the stallion. How could she lie to the stallion who had just helped her? "Well, we are quite wary of new horses because..., well lets just say, someone is after us and we have to be careful." she said, snorting. That someone was very dangerous.
Styria's ears stayed pricked as as he listened to Fyraa talking. How did he know something was wrong? He wondered, and flicked his ears back. It was probably him, after all he was hiding behind his mother. He took a step forward, trying to pretend he was feeling braver. He flicked his ears forward again, and continued to stare at Fyraa.

[Itz okayy eh. lol]
[[Btw, do my posts make sense? I don't feel like there making much sense lol]]
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:47 pm

He snorted quietly in a shy sort of way when Katreza thanked him on the subject of their names, but Fyraa pinned his ears when Katreza mentioned that someone was after them. "Erm.. I have no problem traveling with you, I can provide protection if it is needed for no cost at all, but if you wish to go by yourselves, I have no problem with that, either. Who is after you, if you don't mind me asking?" He asked curiously, glancing at Styria, who secretly amused him, moved slightly away from his mother and made himself appear braver.
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Katreza smiled a little when Fyraa offered to travel with them. She could say no, but having a stallion traveling with them would be safer. There had been many times that Styria's father had sent other stallions after them, and she had to fight one off at one point. But the stallion had been young, probably only a yearling actually, and she hadn't really fought with him, she just hurt him then ran for it. Being Arabian she and Styria were light and fast and could run at great speeds, so that was a bonus. But having Fyraa with them would be an extra bonus. So she could say yes. "Well.... I guess if you're offering, I don't mind you traveling with us. If you don't mind, that is." she said, then flicked an ear back when he asked who the someone was that was after them. She didn't like telling other horses who it was, because it was a little personal, but this stallion already knew a lot so she may as well. "Um, its Styria's father. He wasn't to happy when I left his herd. He's an evil and horrible stallion." she said, then looked at Styria. She was glad Styria had taken more after herself then his father.
Styria jumped back behind his mother when he saw Fyraa glance at him. He listened to his mother talking to Fyraa and snorted. He didn't want this stallion traveling with them! He was scary. He was friendly and nice, but that didn't change the fact that he was scary. He rubbed his black Arabian head against his left front leg to itch it, then looked back up and flicked his ears around.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:47 pm

"Of course I don't mind." Fyraa said and gave a kind smile. But Fyraa's smile faded quickly when Katreza mentioned who it was that was after them. He shook his head in sympathy, "Too many stallions are like that." Fyraa said. He watched Styria as he scratched his leg, knowing that if Styria saw him watching him directly he would get a fright like he had gotten all the other times he'd looked. "We should get going. The humans will be here soon to check their trap. Do you have anywhere particular in mind to go, or do you just get moving in any direction?" Fyraa asked glancing uneasily at the shattered trap several metres away.

(And yes, you make perfect sense xD)
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:38 am

Katreza nodded. Yes, there was too many stallions like Styria's father. She had known a few good stallions in her life, like Fyraa, but she had also known a lot like Styria's father. She flicked her ears back when Fyraa mentioned the humans would be coming to check on the trap. She had forgotten about that. If there was traps in the area then there would definitely be humans in the area. She snorted and glanced at Syria again. She didn't want her foal endangered by the humans. "Er yer, we better get moving. Um, we usually just go wherever, although, I have been heading to Snowy Forest for a while. We came up from Crater Lake, and have been traveling since there, to here. We only just arrived before and everything was fine until I got my leg caught in the trap." she said, shaking her head a little. She should have been a bit more careful, but she was glad it wasn't Styria who got his leg caught in the trap.
Styria pranced a few steps away from Katreza and tossed his head. He was suddenly full of energy and felt like running. He also felt annoyed because Fyraa was coming with them, but he couldn't complain because the stallion was right there. He would complain to his mother later, when Fyraa was out of ear distance. He snorted, then looked at his mother's leg. It was rather messed up, and it would most definitely leave a scar there when it was healed.

[Okay, that's good lolz]
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Fyraa snorted in amusement. "I usually find thats the best thing to do." He said and grinned. He turned and looked around, looking to see if there were any other traps. When he looked carefully, he could see a few. "Okay, I suggest we head in the direction of the traps. It is indeed dangerous, but the humans like to put traps in places where they can catch animals before they get the chance to go into denser terrain and harsher condition, where the humans themselves aren't likely to survive for too long, which will mean no more danger from the humans." Fyraa advised knowingly. He started to walk in the particular direction, warning Katreza and Styria to careful of where they were going and to stay pretty much precisely behind him and follow him step by step. Fyraa weaved through the trees, occaisional rock, and all the scattered traps. The terrain and land indeed became denser as they went of, but it was still fairly easy to travel in and the amount of traps were decreasing.
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Katreza smiled, and listened to Fyraa as he spoke. He sounded like her knew a lot, so she decided to take his advice. She nodded, then glanced around the area, before following closely behind him. She tried to ignore the pain in her leg as she walked, but it was hard to ignore it when he hurt with every step. The cold water had helped some of the pain, but it hadn't made it go away completely. "So, why are you in this area?" she asked Fyraa, then looked at Styria. "Don't wander off anywhere, in case you step in a trap." she warned him, then glanced back straight ahead.
Styria looked at the ground as he walked, and counted his steps for fun. He flicked his ears back when Katreza told him he was not to wander off anywhere. How could he have fun without exploring? But he knew his mother just wanted him to be safe, so he didn't complain. He used to complain about having no friends, because him and his mother traveled a lot because of his stupid father who was after them, but he stopped after a while because he knew his mother was trying to keep him alive. But sometimes he wished his father had been someone a lot nicer, so they could just settle down in a herd and not have to worry about anything.... well except Humans and predators. One day he planned to kill his father. But that was a while off yet, and if he was scared of Fyraa then he was bound to be scared of his father. Well he was scared of his father. But one day he wouldn't be and he would go fight him to the death. He snorted at the thought, then went back to counting his steps as he walked very close, behind his mother.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Fyraa snorted softly when Katreza spoke, slightly surprised as he was engrossed in the path ahead. "I was born here." He said, "My mother died almost right after I stopped needing her milk, and my father I never knew because my mother was forcebred. Although born here, I wanted to hunt down my father. I made it to Maple Forest, but still determined I continued traveling. By the time I reached Neverending Forest, I forced myself to stop. There was no way I was going to venture in the Neverending, it was certain death. I realized that with all the horses and herds in the world, it would be impossible to find him, and there was a possibility he could already be dead. So I turned around and came back, and here I am." Fyraa took a glance at Styria, making sure he was careful of his steps. Convinced, Fyraa turned back to the path and accelerated into a trot, declaring "We are out of the trap area."
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:44 am

Katreza kept her eye on Styria as she listened to Fyraa speaking. His mother sounded abit like herself, with being forcebred and having a foal to it, but the only difference was Katreza wasn't dead yet. She hadn't forcebreeding stallions. But she was glad she had Styria out of it, or she would be lonely. She snorted quietly when he finished speaking, and flicked her ears around, listening out from any danger in the area. "So did you miss your mother... when she died?" she asked him, then relaxed a little when Fyraa announced that they were of of the trap area. She didn't have to worry about Styria getting caught in one now. She picked up her pace to a slow trot, to keep up with Fyraa
Styria pricked his ears and looked up when Fyraa said there was no more traps in the area. Did that mean he could go ahead and play then? He looked at his mother as she started to trot, then took off at a slow canter beside her. He was just in front of her, but stayed behind Fyraa, in case he got told off by the stallion for going ahead. He glanced at his mother and snorted "Can I go ahead now?" he asked quietly, shooting a quick glance at Fyraa, before his eyes darted back to his mother's face.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:52 am

Fyraa slowed to a walk once they were well away from the trap area. He looked around for a source of food, but was surprised when Katreza asked him the question about his mother. "Of course, but I have learnt not to go over the top about it. It puts me in a vulnerable state and can get me killed, and my mother wouldn't want that." He said, and smiled slightly to Katreza. His keen ears caught Styria's words, and even though the question was aimed to Katreza, Fyraa thought about the answer, too. "It is alright to go off, if its alright with your mother, that is. There shouldn't be any trouble, just don't go too far." Fyraa warned, then pawed the ground to find some blades of grass. He devoured them to find only that the taste was putrid, but he had already adjusted to that, and after all if was the only thing to eat.
Fayde
Fayde

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 am

Katreza noticed Fyraa's surprised look when she asked about his mother, and she regretted asking him, until he spoke. It was a rather dumb question though, she thought, because of course most foals would miss their mother if she died. She just nodded to his response, then looked at Styria and was about to answer him when Fyraa did. She nodded at Styria after Fyraa finishing speaking, then spoke. "Yes, its fine, but like Fyraa said, don't wander to far." she said, then lowered her fine boned head to the ground and nibbled at a few stray shoots of grass. The grass wasn't very nice in this area, that was one thing she didn't like.
Styria looked at Fyraa as the stallion answered his question. He was a little annoyed that Fyraa had been listening to his question, but he nodded obediently, to both his mother and Fyraa, then smiled a little and took off cantering, up ahead. He tossed his head playfully as he cantered, then looked back behind him and skidded to a stop when he saw that Fyraa and Katreza were quite far back. He held his tail up, and arched his neck slightly as he starred at his mother and Fyraa for a moment, then turned around and started to look around the area. He wandered over to a small shrub and started nibbling on its wilting leaves, but much to his disgust, they were gross. He spat out a bit of a leaf that he had in his mouth, then shook off, and stood, waiting for Fyraa and Katreza to catch up.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum