Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Filly Who Should Be Dead

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Filly Who Should Be Dead Empty The Filly Who Should Be Dead

Post  Pinto Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:13 am

The black filly on the edge of Death Valley, following her mother closely, mimicing her mother's movements as she flagged her tail and her steps were smooth and graceful, although the black filly stumbled and tripped trying to follow in her mother's hoofprints... literally. She tried to take longer strides like her mother, trying to walk in her hoofprints but all she got was falling face first into the sand and dirt. She scrambled to her hooves and continued trying to walk like her mother. Eventually she gave up and pranced around her mother energetically. The black filly was excited for today. She was going to be named! Her mother hadn't named her yet and she couldn't wait until she was named! she had waited her whole life for this moment! Although her whole life was hardly even 3 days but she thought it was a long time!
The filly thought of what her father had been like. Her mother had told her that unlike her, who was half arabian and half quarter horse her father was full arabian. A purebred. And her father had been very smart and strong, defending her mother no matter the cost. He once had protected her mother and herself who was still inside of her mother. And it cost him his life. Although the other stallion had died so had her father. The filly didn't know her father at all but but she was sad and proud of him at the same time. She hoped one day she'd be as strong, smart and brave as her father and protect everything she stood for.

Suddenly she crashed into her mother's hind legs and tried to look past her... Why had she stopped? but she didn't get a look at what th reason was for her mother stopping, because her mother shoved her into the bushes. She couldn't see anything but she heard growls, shrill whinnies, neighs, hooves crashing against something and after what seemed like eternity she heard a loud crash. She dared not walk out from behind the bush.. Soon though she heard something tearing into flesh and jaws snapping at eachother. The filly started shuddering imensely and she poked her head out from the bush and saw three wolves eating her dead mother's body. dead wolves laid scattered across thearea, blood splashed everywhere creating an eye dizzying effect. But \the flly paid no attention to it. Her eye glued to her dead mother's body. She started shaking violently. It was a wonder the earth didnt sart shaking as well. They took no notice of her. After they all had their fill from her mother they finally realised the filly was there. The filly, on shaken legs stood up and ran away as fast as her skrawny legs would take her. After some time her head start began to dim and she eventually grew weary. The wolves caught up to her, tackling her to the ground with ease she stuggled against them, kicking on in the jaw surprisingly the right way and breaking it. It scrambled away, fleeing whilst the other two bit into her. She squealed and eventually, torn open, bleeding and numb the wolves left, thinking she was dead and already full. She laid there weak, sore and numb. Days or weeks passed before she was able to stand again.. She wandered away, staggering. Her wounds had healed quickly surpringly enough. The filly wandered for hours maybe even days she didn't know but she soon found herself in a clearing, foals playing everywhere with their mothers standing by, watching or grazing. A jealousy sparked inside of the filly but sadness and grief soon tookover. But that didn't even last long because she felt too weak. She staggered towards the mares and one came up to her and nudged her with a nicker. To the filly's astonishment the mare offered her her milk and the filly pricked her ears, nudged the mare in thanks and then drank. It wasn't like her mother's and although she didn't want it off a stranger mare she wanted and needed it..
The black filly stayed with them for a few months, growing stronger and taller and learning how to speak. She learnt quickly. Soon enough she found herself, saying goodbye to the mares and other foals and galloping away to where her mother had died. allt hat was left was a few bones scattered here and there. suddenly the black filly heard growling behind her and she spun around and saw the two wolves which had killed her mother and attacked her. hatred and angered bubbledup inside her and she reared and lashed out at the wolves who lunged at her. Her got one on the back, snapping its spin. The foguth the other one in a mind game. weaving in and out of trees and kicking out at it, moving from side to side to confuse it, toying with it before it came disorientated and she reared, landing on it's skull and killing it.
The black filly then reared, pawing the air in victory and she galloped into Death Valley. The filly thought back on suggestions the mares had given her for her name. She had liked one the most which meant brave and courageous. Maori. The filly decided that that would be her name.

---when Maori is 3 and a half-----

Maori galloped through the desert with much endurance. Sand flying out behind her, her jet black sillohette looking like a shadow slying through the desert. She ahd taken on her father all together. nothing of her mother could be seen in her. That's what she thought. She couldn;t see her mother iin her no matter how hard she tried to find it. Maori slowed as she came to a small, drying up pond and she trotted over to it, lowered her head and took a drink. When she raised her head she looked around to area. Nothing but sand even in the distance all it faded to was sand and the clear, cloudless, blue sky. Maori lowered her head once again and took another drink before she tore off through the desert once again. She loved the feeling of the wind through her mane as she sped, galloping across the hot sand. Yet she grew up with the heat and she liked it now.

when she was a foal
The Filly Who Should Be Dead Bab%20002
The Filly Who Should Be Dead Carmen%27s%20colt-1
The Filly Who Should Be Dead Gucci2

3 and a half
The Filly Who Should Be Dead Al-asham
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

The Filly Who Should Be Dead Empty Re: The Filly Who Should Be Dead

Post  WildWind Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:06 pm

A lone stallion wandered aimlessly around Death Valley. He had been alone for a long time now, probably 3 years, and he hadn't spoken to anyone in that time. He was still grieving his mate who had been caught by the humans. He hated himself for not being able to protect her well enough. They had been mates for two years, only two years! And he would never be able to see his beautiful black mate ever again. Psyche's Safari came across a small drying up lake, and he took a sip of the water. It was kind of warm, and not at all refreshing, but he didn't care. Once he raised his head from the water, he reared, then took off at a gallop over the hot sandy ground. The heat for most horses would be unbearable, but Psyche's Safari liked the heat. He had been at Death Valley for a year now, and it wasn't a very nice place to be. There was bones of horses that didn't survive the heat, or had been killed by predators, everywhere. He didn't see many live horses around, and when he did he usually galloped away from them to avoid them. His mane blew wildly in the wind as he galloped at a very fast speed. He suddenly noticed a black figure far up ahead. He skidded to a stop, sending sand flying everywhere. He stood as still as a statue as he starred at the black figure which appeared to be a horse. His thoughts immediately went to his old mate. She had been the most beautiful black Arabian mare, and the figure he saw far ahead looked like a mirage of her. He felt tears welling up in his eyes, and he fought them back. He didn't want to cry anymore. He had cried enough in the last 3 years. Plus, it didn't look very good if a stallion was crying. He snorted, then sent out a sad whinny. He sighed, then turned away from what he thought was a mirage of his old mate. But really, it was Maori, he just didn't know it.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Maori heard the sad shinny and she stopped, half rearing she turned to the sound. She saw another horse... Was that even possible? She hadn't seen another horse in Death Valley. okay thinking back she did when she was alot younger but that was then adn this is now.. what would another horse be doing in Death Valley of all places? didn't they shun the place just because of the name? Maori pricked her ears though and she trotted towards the other horse. It was a bay arabian stallion. She stopped a few metres away from him, nickering softly, unsure.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Psyche's Safari shuddered as he turned to look at the approaching black mare. It hadn't been a mirage after all. His jaw gaped open, as this horse looked exactly like his old mate. He took a few steps back as the mare came closer, and warned her off my pinning his ears. He hadn't been around or talked to another horse in about 3 years so he didn't want to rush into things. Should he run from the mare? He normally would have it if hadn't been that this horse looked so much like his old mate. He couldn't seem to take his eyes off the mare. He realized he was frozen, and starring at the mare, and quickly straightened himself up and pricked his ears toward the mare.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Maori stopped in her tracks as the stallion pinned his ears at her. She respected hs wishes and didn't go any closer to him. Although her ears flicked back in uncertainty. She watched the mixture of emotions pass through the stallion and his actions. The she noticed he was staring at her and she got a bit uncomfortable. But the stallion seemed to notice as well because he straightened himself up and his ears finally went forward which at that action so did Maori's. She pawed the golden, hot sand softly, looking at the ground before she looked back at the ay arabin stallion"um, hi"she said softly with a flick of her tail
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Psyche's Safari watched the mare very carefully. His eyes followed her every movement, but he flicked his eyes away from her when she looked over at him and said 'hi'. Should he speak? He didn't really trust his voice, because he hadn't spoken in so long. Plus, he didn't talk with other horses anyway, he didn't like other horses. But this time it should be okay, because this mare looked alot like his old mate. He cleared his throat before he spoke. "Er, Hi there." he said. His voice was a little shaky when he spoke, but he ignored that. He was tempted to go over to the mare and nuzzle her, but he didn't. He used to with his mate. He sighed, and starred at the ground. He was worried he could be going mad, he didn't usually run into horses in Death Valley, so he could be seeing things. He flicked his eyes back at the mare to check. Nope, she was still there so he couldn't be seeing things. He snorted, and looked away again. The mare looked so much alike to his old mate, and it was making him emotional, and he didn't want to cry or anything in front of another horse.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Maori blinked and shook her ehad quickly, ridding sand from her large eyes. She looked at Safari again, pricking her ears as he spoke. Although it was slightly shaky in a way he either hardly used it or was nervous.. she doubted that last part. But other then that his voice was nice. He seemed reluctant to talk."i'm Maori... and you are...?"she asked, trailing off.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 pm

[I'll just start saying Safari now, Psyches Safari is to long to write lol.]

Safari's eyes drifted back to Maori as she spoke again. "Um, I'm Psyche's Safari. But you can just call me Safari." he said, talking a little fast. He flicked his tail hard, shooing some flies that were buzzing around his leg. He glanced around, checking that there was no more horses around that were with Maori, then moved his eyes back to Maori. "So, Er... are you alone?" he asked, his voice a little less shaky now.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:41 pm

"that's a nice name"Maori said with a smile and then she glanced around"no"she replied"i'm by myself. i have been for 3 years."which was true. she was hardly 6 months when she left the mares and foals and ventured into here. And unlike most would her age she remembered everything about her past. All the little details. All the specks of her mother's blood. Everything.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:20 am

Safari was a little surprised that she had been alone for around the same time as he had been. "Er same, I've been alone for about 3 years too. But I only came to Death Valley around a year ago." he said, then froze. Why was he telling this mare about himself? He was suppose to not be talking to other horses, especially not ones that reminded him so much of his old mate. He remembered back to the day when he had wandered away from the herd to have a little walk, and when he came back almost half his herd had been captured, including his mate. He had spend days looking for her but he could never find which ranch she had been taken to. He had failed his mate. He shuddered at the thought, and quickly looked away from Maori.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:25 am

Maori watched the stallion and noticed him thinking back. By the emotions which laid out in his features although trying to be hidden Maori was good at seeing little hints of any emotion. She suddenly thought, by the way his emotionstoyed with him he probably had a past which was lonlier and more hurtful then her own.. But she couldn't really say she didn't knwo his past and yet something inside her wanted to know and comfort the stallion. Maori didn't know what to say now and she then noticed the stallion look away from her liek he was scared to look at her because she brought back bad memories. She lowered her head slightly, her flicking back in worry and looking up at him she asked"are you alright?"
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:41 am

Safari was deep in thought when Maori spoke, and he shuddered lightly from fright. He took a while to process her question, then he looked her her. "Er, yer. Fine. thanks." he said, saying his words quite slowly. He probably wasn't okay, but he wasn't going to tell Maori. He tried to forget about everything, and just focus on talking to Maori. "So, um, why are you here alone?" he asked, hoping she wouldn't mind his question.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:45 am

Maori sighed softly in relief as he said he was fine. She shook her manea dn flicked her tail and the Safari asked why she was alone"i prefer it that way"she replied"everyone who means something to me always seem to be taken from me."which wasn't a lie...She sighed yet again and she glanced at the small pond. She wondered if she took another look at herself she might find any source or speck of her mother in her...
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:57 am

Safari starred at her. He seemed to have alot in common with this mare. "That's exactly how I feel. Its like, whenever you get close to someone, they get ripped right away from you... and your left with a broken heart." he said, trailing off back into thought. His eyes get drifted back and fourth from the ground the Maori. "Well, that's why I'm alone anyway. The most important horse in the world was taken from me... and I'll never see her again..." he said, then shook his head. "Sorry... I was kind of thinking out loud." he said, looking away from Maori.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:01 am

"same here"Maori said softly. Except she had watched her most precious somone be killed and eaten by wolves. Then nearly killed by her mother's killers.."it's alright."Maori said as he appologised"Do i remind you of her?"she asked"because it seems every time you look at me you remember your past.."she glanced out over the horizen"do you want me to leave?"
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:12 am

[I'm gonna name his mate 'Safera' kay lol]

Safari snorted, a little stunned. How did she know that she reminded him of his old mate, Safera? He must be very easy to read. Either that, or this mare was just good at reading expressions. "Um.. yeah, you do. You are so much alike, that I thought I was actually seeing things before." he said, a little embarrassed. "But um no, its fine. I don't mind you being here." he said, then glanced at Maori. "So then... you lost someone special then?" he asked.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:16 am

Maori sighed in relief again as he said she could stay. That was good. She didn't want to go. and thenas he said 'so then.... you lost someone special then?' she froze. suddenly the whole thing flashed abck to her. Her mother laying dead on the floor, blood everywhere, her stomach torn open and bloodied wolves eating her. Maori shuddered in fright at the memory and then she nodded"it wasn't a mate."she said 'it was my mother"although to a mate it almost seemed trivial. all horses or foals lose their parents sooner or later..
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Safari watched as Maori suddenly froze, and he immediately regretted asking her. The emotions on her face seemed as though she had seen something pretty horrific. He was about to apologize for asking, when she spoke. So it was her mother who she had lost. That didn't seem all that bad, I mean, he didn't even remember his mother, so why would it be a painful memory to lose your mother? He glanced away as he spoke. "Er, sorry to hear that." he said, shifting his weight onto his righthand side. He glanced around the sandy landscapes and snorted. He heard a wolf howl somewhere out in the distance, and pinned one ear. He had had many encounters with wolves, but he had fought them off every time.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Huski Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:10 pm

(Would you mind if I joined and added two horses? Both Arabians of course lol!! I don't mind if you say No', am just wondering xD)
Huski
Huski

Location : Ture Friends do last forever, even when they are gone for life.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 pm

go ahead. as long as it's one of each gender XD]]

Maori sighed softly. She figured he would've thought it was nothing. But her mother was the only one she had ever truly trusted. Maori snorted and pawed the ground and when she ehard the wolf howl her ears flicked back flat asking her neck in an instant. As all went silent again she eventually relaxed and she glanced at Safari
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  Huski Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:35 am

(Thank you very much!! Haha xD Yes its one of each Gender. Razz)

Tossing her fine head, the stunning, palomino Arabian mare, moved smoothly into a ground covering trot. She eyes darted around with curiosity, as her ears picked out all sorts of sounds as the soft beat of in time hooves hit the sandy ground at a good speed. Crisp snorted and pushed herself into a canter. She made her way to the entrance of Death Valley, slowing down, she then stopped, looking into the scary place, but she was curious and wanted some adventure. Smiling, Crisp jumped forward into a gallop and bolted into the terrifying place. She was loving it so far, the hot sun shone its rays harshly upon the young 6 year old mare as she galloped along, but being an Arab, she could bare every second of the sun with ease. Looking ahead, all Crisp could see was Desert, hills were around, but nothing more so far, she smiled and continued at the gallop that best suited this kind of harsh land.

Pawing at the red/golden sand, the fine grey/white Arabian stallion gazed boredly at the harsh land in Death Valley. Rearing, he let out a neigh then jumped forward, he was now bolting into the harsh death lands of Death Valley. The name rung creepily in your ears if you said it over and over again. Crime snorted and bucked out as he turned sharp left and galloped that way. He had no idea where he was going but this place looked like an awesome place for an adventure. He snorted softly and ducked his head and jumped forward into a hard gallop. He to was suited to this kind of desert land, due to his breeding. It could handle anything the desert through it, weather it was good or bad.

Huski
Huski

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:48 am

As a deathly silence came across the ladn as the two said nothing a warm breeze blew across the ladn and then silence yet again. Suddenly she heard horses. She couldn't makle out how many but it wasn't many.. As she listened closely she made out two. They were in serprate areas and they were coming closer towards them. Maori looked back at Safari, ducked her head down adn said"excuse me,"and then she galloped towards one. As she got closer she smelt a stallion. She slowed to a walk, over the sand dune and then stopped atop of it and saw a gorgeous grey arabian stallion.. What was with all the arabians? And why were both stallions? Maori shook her head in response and she watched the stallion, ears pricked and she then shook her maena dn flciked her tail.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WildWind Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:56 am

Safari noticed Maori pin her ears at the sound of the wolf howling. He felt like nuzzling her and telling her it was okay, and he didn't know why he felt that way. This mare was a stranger, not Safera his mate! Safari snorted when he heard a neigh somewhere off in the distace. He didn't want to be around anymore horses. One was bad enough. If more horses came then he just wouldn't speak to them and he would run. Run far away from all the horses, including Maori. It wasn't healthy for him to be with Maori. Once she left he would only feel more hurt and pain from the memory's of Safera. He flicked both ears back when he picked up the scents of two new horses, in different areas, then flicked one ear forward as Maori took off toward the horses. Once she was out of sight, he looked around, with his ears pinned. He didn't want to have to talk with other horses. He started to walk in the opposite direction of where Maori had just run, but little did he know he was heading in Crisp's direction.
WildWind
WildWind

Back to top Go down

Post  Huski Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Glancing up ahead as he galloped on, Crime spotted a horse on top of a sand dune, he tossed his head and smiled, he held his tail higher and more proudly at the sight, he sniffed the air, scenting it was a mare, which made it even better. He neighed out happily to her then slowed down as he got closer to her. Sighing softly, he slowed to a trot. "Good day Miss!" he said with a warm smile. "How might you be?" he asked, trying to be friendly. His voice was charmful and pleasant. Flicking his tail softly, he breathed quite hard as he stood still, gazing at the sight of this gorgeous black mare.

Crisp smiled as she galloped on, tossing her fine head she made herself move harder and faster, loving every minute. Not really looking where she is going, cos of the speed she is going at, made sand blow around and go in her eyes and stuff and the wind blew, so she had them kinda shut. But as she ran she suddenly saw something move to the right of her, she shied majorly, almost causing herself to fall over from such a fright. She stopped and stared, snorting like crazy as she watched this thing move slowly. She suddenly realized it was a horse, she smiled and trotted toward them. It was a stallion, she neighed out to them happily. "Ello!" she said once close enough to the fine looking stallion.

(Sorry Wild I cant remember what your stallion looks like, so I didn't say the colour lol!!)
Huski
Huski

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Maori prcked her ears as she studied the stallion as he came closer. Soon enough he was near her and talking to her and she smiled"hi"she said"I'm good, thanks. How about you?"she flicked her tail lightly yet again and then she waited for the stallion's reply. He seemed nice enough but she still wasn't sure. He seemed all too open..
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next